Makeup Tutorial: Annie Leonhardt from Shingeki no Kyojin

I finally jumped onto the bandwagon of SnK Cosplays and did this… well not exactly a cosplay but still donning the costume. I asked on Facebook which SnK characters would you guys wants me to do a makeup tutorial for and many of you guys voted for Annie. So Annie it is!

annie-leonhardt_thumb1

And yes, I am entirely aware that my jacket is wrong. Annie belongs to the Military Corps but I only have the Recon Corps jacket so…pardon the cos-fu*k.  The wig is actually my Kagamine Rin wig , yays for coswigs reuse!

IMG_0111__thumb10

For this look, the focus is as usual the eyes.

I used double eyelid tape from Daiso to recreate Annie’s heavily hooded double eyelid and used a mixture of browns, grey and rose gold eyeshadow to give dimensions to the eye. The grey shadow I used was actually a very interesting shade of green and grey with gold undertone. If applied wet, it would look super metallic and greenish grey but I used it dry because I merely wanted a dull, lazy greyish colour. I felt that this colour would help emphasis the hooded double eye lid better while giving it an interesting touch. The rose gold eyeshadow was used afterwards for the same purpose. But I did bring the rose gold shadow into the inner corners of my eye too, just to further emphasize the hooded-ness of the eye and also make my nose bridge pop.

I also heavily shaded my nose bridge and the area under the tip of my eyebrows to make them look more deepset.

I used flesh tone lip liner and brown eyeshadow (not seen in the video) to line the outer corner of my lips. I lined further out of my natural lip line so as to give the illusion of a fuller lip. I used a peachy tone nude lipstick and added a bit of pink on the inner top of my lips to give a bit more vigour to my overall look. The effect of the pink lipstick is not very obviously but I think it gives a bit more blood to my face.

IMG_0114__thumb4

The whole idea of this look is to make myself look caucasian without being overly unnatural and I hope I have achieved that! Leave me a comment and them me what you think!

Enter video caption here

You might notice the vast difference in the light source in the video and I apologise for that. I started filming way too late that the sun went down by the time I was done T_T I had to film the last few posey footages with my phone (as a light source) taped to my rollable luggage handle. Yes, it was ENTIRELY dark and I was really feeling pretty creeped out being alone in the park in the dark like this /_\ 

Also as you guys might have noticed, there is no narration this time. I’m trying out a new way of doing videos so I’d love to hear what you guys think.

Makeup used:

  1. Essence all about matt! 
  2. Canmake Color Stick Concealer 01
  3. The Face Shop Face It Radiance Concealer Dual Veil
  4. Za Perfect Fit 2 way foundation
  5. The Face Shop LOVELY ME:EX MAKE ME STAR gel liner (Peach Shower)
  6. E.l.f Studio 85-Piece Complete the Look Palette
  7. Pure Luxe Cosmetics – English Ivy (loose eyeshadow)
  8. Brown metallic Eyeliner Pencil
  9. Dolly Wink black liquid Eyeliner
  10. Top Lashes (random brand)
  11. Bottom lashes (random brand)
  12. Dolly Wink Eyelash Fix Adhesive Glue
  13. Silkygirl Lipcolor, Moisture Gloss, Baby Pink *DISCONTINUED*
  14. Ellefar Princess Nudy Lip
  15. Ellefar Princess pink blush

No comments:

Post a Comment