Two more weeks to the highly anticipated Singapore toy, Games and Comics Convention in Singapore! If you’re not excited yet, check out the newly announced guest lists and exclusive figurines!
“ With the Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention (STGCC) 2012 around the corner, Reed Exhibitions has announced more top-notch personalities joining this year’s line-up that will delight pop culture fans in Singapore and the region. Coming to Singapore for the first time are leading British comic book writer, Andy Diggle, rising Japanese singer Piko and HuskyKevin, creator of the popular Hong Kong-based merchandise brand, Husky x3.
World-renowned collectible production company, Hot Toys, will also be returning to STGCC with 2012 Toy Fairs Exclusive limited edition figurines of iconic characters from The Dark Knight, Captain America: The First Avenger and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. For the first time, Hot Toys will also be bringing in a team of celebrated sculptors to meet fans in Singapore.”
Joining the Eastern line-up at this year’s STGCC is popular Japanese singer Piko, who captured fans with his stunning performances of the theme songs from popular anime like One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist. Known for his exceptionally broad vocal range, Piko has staged performances in Europe, Taiwan and Hong Kong. He will be performing live for the first time in Singapore at STGCC.
In collaboration with local retail chain Action City, Hot Toys will bring in three 2012 Toy Fairs Exclusive limited edition figurines to this year’s STGCC:
- Captain America Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from Captain America: The First Avenger
- Lt. Jim Gordon Collectible Figure from The Dark Knight
- Angelica Collectible Figure from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
These highly-detailed and movie-accurate figurines are only available at selected international toy fairs such as the San Diego Comic Con, Ani-com & Games Hong Kong and STGCC.
Hot Toy fans will also have the rare opportunity to meet the team of sculptors behind these masterful creations. Based in Hot Toys’ secret base in South Korea, fans will get to meet
- JC Hong, Production Director & Chief Painter, responsible for the jaw-dropping intricate paintwork of figures such as the Bank Robber Joker from The Dark Knight;
- Chief Sculptor Yulli Choi, who has created impressive head sculpts of Terminator 2: Judgment Day’s DX T-800 robot, Black Widow from The Avengers and Harvey Dent Two-Face from The Dark Knight;
- Sculptor Kojun, whose highly raved works include the greatly sought-after DX Batman/ Bruce Wayne from The Dark Knight Rises and Nick Fury and Thor from The Avengers;
- And sculptor K.A. Kim, whose recent works include the three Hot Toys exclusive figurines available at this year’s STGCC, as well as Black Widow and Hawkeye from The Avengers.
They will be meeting fans and signing autographs at the STGCC Walk of Fame on 2 September 2012, 3pm to 4pm.
More information about the exclusive toys selling at STGCC here : Link
Influential British comic book writer, Andy Diggle, will be in Singapore for the first time to meet comic fans at STGCC. Currently writing Doctor Who for IDW Comics, which also features the art of Eisner Award-winning artist Mark Buckingham, Andy has penned the storylines of Marvel Comics’ Shadowland and Six Guns and DC Comics’ Batman and Swamp Thing.
Andy is best known for his Vertigo action thriller The Losers, which was adapted into a major Hollywood movie in 2010. Another one of his works, Green Arrow: Year One, is being translated from print to screen in Warner Bros’ forthcoming TV show Arrow, which is expected to air in the US in October 2012.
HuskyKevin, the creator of popular Hong Kong-based brands Husky x3 and Husky Rescue is also attending this year’s STGCC, bringing with him the brand’s latest merchandise, including STGCC exclusives – Aome Husky Clown and Hangout with You Plushier. He has also worked with international brands like Coca-Cola and Nokia to co-organise exhibitions and promotional projects.
TheCosplayChronicles is happy to be a supporting blog with the Singapore Toys, Games and Comic Convention this year. I’m really happy they brought in so much Eastern Pop Culture personalities to cater to the Eastern Fans!
OMG YES PIKO! According to STGCC’s Facebook update, Piko will be having a talk show and mini Live session with the crowd, no special tickets required!
Don’t forget, STGCC 2012 will take place on the 1st and 2nd of September 2012 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore. For more information, go to www.singaporetgcc.com.